Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What's up, buttercup?

Guess what time of year it is? Spring!

What happens during the spring? I rework my GARDEN! Woo-hooooo! My tulips are already emerging and our trees are full of buds.

There's something so invigorating about getting your hands in the dirt, don't you think? This year, at our NEW house (ahem, we have moved), I am looking to completely redo the front landscaping, put in a few raised beds and transplant several perennials. Here's where I need YOUR help: what are some evergreen bushes that can be pruned, remain somewhat small (nothing over three feet high) and have a manageable smell? Boxwoods smell horrible when they are watered (okay mom, you were RIGHT).

Ideas, PLEASE?

In the meantime, here is a little familial inspiration for the kids and I celebrating St. Patrick's Day.
Welcome Spring! Now go plant your potatoes!

No comments: